16 May Cristina Ghica
Ms. Ghica primarly focuses on corporate, commercial and M&A, real estate and construction, and TMT.
She obtained her Global Executive MBA degree from IESE Business School, and holds a Master in Marketing and Business Communication from the Academy of Economics Studies Bucharest, a Law Degree in International Legal Studies from the University of Bucharest and the LL.B. from the Romanian-American University.
Ms. Ghica is a member of the Bucharest Bar association, President of International Association of Boutique Law Firms, President of Global Executive MBA 2016 class, and board member of IESE Alumni Association, among others.
REPRESENTATIVE LEGAL MATTERS
- Advising numerous multinational corporations in various industry sectors on commercial law issues and corporate regulations compliance.
- Managing real estate portfolios and lease activities which included 780,000 sq. m, made up of landmark commercial parks, retail, residential and office buildings.
- Advising a major French multinational company, Veolia Water Systems, on developing and executing overall legal strategy, including legal, compliance, risk related to construction projects, and on ensuring the “buy-in” to pursue the strategic legal topics identified from executive management, formulated go to market and partner strategies and deployed best practices to secure world-class execution.
- Advising Clearanswer Call Centers UK on managing the tactical implementation, functional and legal assistance throughout an M&A integration of 5 call centers across Europe, by co-defining go-to-market integration. Implementing the legal entities integration, reaching the deal value targets and delivering the synergies within the agenda for the first 90 days, designing staffing and retention plan for 250+ full-time employee.
- Involved in an M&A transaction through and LBO of Argo Capital Management Property Ltd., an UK multinational company on two landmark shopping parks included 550,000 sq. m, advising on the delivery of €150M+ in refinancing a syndicated loan with a credit committee formed by 9 banks under UK, Cyprus and Romanian laws.
- Directed and negotiated syndicated loans for the delivery of €190M+ refinancing with Eurohypo Bank AG under UK, German and Romanian laws on two major real estate projects.
- Lead successful settlement agreements for arbitration and common law construction litigation files saving the company from insolvency and delivering €50M+ savings for Veolia, France.
- Advising various types of financial service providers on regulatory compliance requirements for carrying on business in CEE region.
- Led international teams of 20+ stakeholders on a high strategic spin-off process and determined the swap shares transaction for real estate projects up to €500 million market value, in more than 5 different European jurisdictions.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
Bucharest Bar Association member (2009)
- Global Executive MBA, IESE Business School, 2016,
- Master Marketing and Business Communication, Academy of Economics Studies Bucharest, 2004
- Law degree in International Legal Studies, University of Bucharest, 2003
- Bachelor’s degree in Law, Summa cum laude, Romanian-American University, 2002
English, Spanish and Romanian
IESE Alumni Association, Barcelona
Executive Board Member as Class President of GEMBA 2016 class
Vice-President of the Global Alumni Women in Business (‘GAWiB’) initiative
CARNEGIE HALL, New York
Working on an initiative with IESE Global MBA alumni to support Carnegie Hall activities throughout the world, and especially on digital strategy and webcasting project.
IABLF, International Association of Boutique Law Firms, Bucharest/London
Executive Board Member and President
IESE BUSINESS SCHOOL, Barcelona
Writing a Business Case using Design Thinking to solve a “Managerial Dilemma: How to Manage the children fear of dentistry?”